Bravo to 14 local chefs (and one brave spouse) for stripping down for charity.
And bravo to Ken & Lee Singh of Singh Farms for generously sharing their special farm as the calendar’s backdrop.
The In The Raw Calendar, unveiled during a private party for the participating chefs and the calendar sponsors yesterday at the beautiful Singh Farms, will go on sale at venues throughout the Scottsdale Culinary Festival starting this week.
The $14.95 calendar (April 2010 through 2011) was shot at Singh Farms, so it was fitting to have the celebratory feast for the uninhibited chefs who posed in the nude for photographer John Ormond.
The attending chefs (all clothed this time) and calendar contributors feasted on a spit-roasted pig, hand-made buffalo sausages, and a dizzying array of side dishes made with the fresh produce of Singh Farms.
A portion of the proceeds will go to the Scottsdale League for the Arts, Camp AZDA (American Diabetes Association) and the American Red Cross’s earthquake relief efforts in Haiti.
One chef even told me that he’s now hitting the gym in preparation for next year’s calendar. Something tells me that once word gets out about this little gem, even more chefs will be willing to bare all for the cause.
- Lee Hillson, T. Cook’s at the Royal Palms
- Taylor Domet, Heirloom at DC Ranch
- Comer Smith, Cielo at Hotel Theodore (and his wife Robyn)
- Aurore de Beauduy, Vogue Bistro
- Jared Porter, The Parlor
- Tammie Coe & MJ, Tammie Coe Cakes & MJ Breads
- Jay Bogsinski (previously of Nine05)
- Michael Stebner, True Food Kitchen
- Matt Carter & Rochelle Daniel, Zinc Bistro & The Mission
- Chris Bailey, Taggia at Firesky Resort
- Charles Wiley, Cafe ZuZu at the Hotel Valley Ho
- Payton Curry, Caffe Boa & Caffe Boa Bistro
Kudos to bare-naked chefs and to all who contributed in the production of the calendar, including MMPR Marketing Communications, Vaughn St. Imaging, Woods Lithographics and Bruce Vanderjagt Design.