On May 18, Charleen Badman, chef/co-owner of FnB Restaurant in Scottsdale, will bring a taste of Arizona to the Big Apple, when she and her business partner, Pavle Milic, host a dinner at the revered James Beard House in Greenwich Village.
True to Charleen’s style of cooking and Pavle’s love of Arizona wines, the evening will be a course-by-course FnB love letter to the Arizona growers, farmers, producers and wine makers who make their restaurant the local, seasonally-driven gem that it is. Here is the menu from the twice nominated James Beard semi-finalist for Best Chef Southwest, and below that are details and links to buy tickets to the NYC dinner on Monday, May 18.
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Spring Beet Falafel with Dill and Sina’s Special Sauce
- Red Carrot Tartare with Root Chips and Duck Egg Gribiche
- Dates with Goat Cheese and Verde Valley Pecans
- Two Wash Ranch Chicken Wings with Chiltepin Chiles, and Iitoi Onion Quark
- LOS MILICS ITA’S ROSÉ 2014
- Aleppo Pepper–Cured Salmon with Petals, Pods, and Crispy Hayden Mills Purple Barley
- BODEGA PIERCE MALVASIA BIANCA 2014
- Heirloom Tomatoes with Polenta, Marjoram, and Florence Monk Oil and Vinegar
- CADUCEUS CELLARS DOS LADRONES 2013
- Gilfeather Rutabaga with Ginger Crème Fraîche and Tesa
- CALLAGHAN VINEYARDS WAYNE’S GRENACHE 2012
- Navajo-Churro Lamb Loin with Manti, Yogurt, Sprouted Coriander, and Urfa Butter
- DOS CABEZAS WINEWORKS EL CAMPO 2012
- Rio Red Grapefruit Cake with Pistachio–Green Tea Ice Cream and Candied Citrus
Dynamic Duo of Food & Drink
May 18, 2015, 7 p.m.
$130/JFB members; $170/JFB non-members